How does this plugin earn such high praise among all the competition? We explain our reasons in this article.
WordPress SEO by Yoast features
Despite it’s name, the WordPress SEO plugin does much more than search engine optimization. It’s bread and butter is SEO, but you can also use this plugin to optimize for Facebook, Twitter and RSS too for an integrated approach to getting your site found.
WordPress SEO can do the following and more for you:
- Control how your site’s pages appear in SERPs with page title and meta description templates for posts, pages, custom post types and taxonomies.
- Control the title, description and image that appears on Facebook and Google+ when your content is shared on those sites.
- Help search engines determine the structure of a site more easily with advanced control over internal links or breadcrumbs.
- Ensures your content is fully indexed by listing them out in a XML sitemap. You can even include and exclude post types and taxonomies from your sitemap.
- Control the canonical URL, 301 redirect and meta robots on your content.
- Makes your content more findable by helping you improve your content with SEO page analysis tools.
Let’s take a closer look at that last bullet point. WordPress SEO will even help improve your content to make it more findable online. To explain how the plugin does this, we made a 5-minute video to show you how to use the page analysis tools in the plugin. [Read more…]